Microsoft Edge Drop allows you to handily transfer files between your devices. Here’s everything you need to know about the feature.
If you’re looking for a convenient way to share files and messages between your phone and desktop devices, you might want to check out Microsoft Edge Drop. It’s a feature that lets you easily drag and drop files to share instantly or send notes to yourself while you browse in Microsoft Edge.
What Is Microsoft Edge Drop?
Drop is a feature of Microsoft Edge that allows you to share files and content between your devices. You can use it to quickly transfer photos, videos, documents, links, or any other files from one device to another without using email, cloud storage, or other apps.
It’s like having a chat with yourself, where you can send and receive files. You can also use it to send notes or reminders to yourself while you browse the web on your desktop and access them later on your phone.
How Does Microsoft Edge Drop Work?
You can access Drop from the sidebar of Microsoft Edge on your desktop, or from the hamburger menu on your mobile app. You can use Drop to:
- Send a photo from your phone to your computer
- Share a document from your computer to your phone
- Write a reminder or a note to yourself
- Copy a link or a text from one device to another
You can view and open your shared files and messages on any device by opening Drop in Microsoft Edge. You can also download them to your device.
How to Share Messages and Files Using Microsoft Edge Drop
To use Drop, you need to have Microsoft Edge installed on all the devices you want to share files and content with. You also need to sign in with the same Microsoft account on all your devices.
Once you have set up Drop, you can start sharing files and content across your devices from where you access the Bing AI sidebar. Here are some examples of how you can use Drop:
- To open Drop, click on the paper plane icon on the sidebar of your Edge browser.
- To send a message to yourself, type it in the text box at the bottom of Drop and press Enter.
- To send a file to yourself, drag and drop it from your computer or another application into Drop.